Notes didn't synch

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Like other users, why don't Notes synch properly. I was out of office so used by Ipad instead of desktop version I typically do. Complicated by using in Airplane mode. When back at home and took off airplane mode, the Note -- and everything I had done on the ipad -- has vanished, even from the ipad. Any thoughts on how to restore all my hard work? 

• Level 5

When editing on the iPad, you need to close a note to make it save. Hit the green checkmark. It saves and returns you to the notes list view.

When you simply keep the note open in editing mode, it is not saved. In this case you run a risk to loose the work when the app is closed, or the device turned off. On an iPad, every app gets a reserved space in the devices RAM memory, where it can store content while it is active. When the app is closed, the sandbox is removed by iOS, killing everything just stored inside of it in the RAM memory. To make content persist, it must be written to the permanent flash memory before - which in case of EN is done by hitting the green checkmark.

No thoughts about how you can restore hard work. The moment the sandbox vanished, it is as good as it never existed.

Thank you, PinkElephant, for the explanation. Must have been a bug on Ipad or Evernote as I hit the check mark many times -- and something had problems. I could no longer type in Evernote as it kept cycling back and forth between the save/edit spaces, so kept hitting the green check mark/back into edit mode/kicked out/multiple times. 

• Level 5
  • Solution

Oh, if the app sort of freezes on hitting the checkmark, there is more about it:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/217930798

Happened to me 2 or 3 times. I copied my notes content, and used Apple Notes as a safe haven. I then killed the app, reopened it and pasted the content back. Then it synced without a problem.

In general there are 2 things we can do more often to keep app and device healthy: Log out of the account in the app from time to time, close it, reopen, log in again. And with the device switching it off maybe once in a week can solve a lot of issues.