Opening links in Evernote app

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

• Level 5*

If you copy the "internal link" for a note,  that note should open in the Evernote app and not the web browser when the link is clicked on a machine that has Evernote installed.  Try copying the internal link,  then pasting the link into its own parent note.  Then copy that link (which should be the title of the note) into another app,  or another note.

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you copy the "internal link" for a note,  that note should open in the Evernote app and not the web browser when the link is clicked on a machine that has Evernote installed.  Try copying the internal link,  then pasting the link into its own parent note.  Then copy that link (which should be the title of the note) into another app,  or another note.

No, i asked if I am opening a link of evernote(someone has shared on the blog) on google chrome, then it is opening in the browser only and not in the app. I want to open it in the Evernote app. Kindly tell.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Spider221 said:

No, i asked if I am opening a link of evernote(someone has shared on the blog) on google chrome, then it is opening in the browser only and not in the app. I want to open it in the Evernote app. Kindly tell.

When it opens in the Browser top right hand corner click on "Save a Copy to Evernote"

• Like 1
  • Level 5
13 hours ago, Spider221 said:

It seems to me that the key here is "someone has shared on the blog." The link will be in the form that the other person has shared. If it is in the form "evernote.com/shard" it will open in the browser; only if it is in the form "evernote:///view" will it open in the app.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It seems to me that the key here is "someone has shared on the blog." The link will be in the form that the other person has shared. If it is in the form "evernote.com/shard" it will open in the browser; only if it is in the form "evernote:///view" will it open in the app.

Doesn't it depend on how the note was shared?  If the link is simply a public link it will open in a browser window with a pop-up option to add it to your own database.  If you have a pop-up blocker that might prevent the display...

@Spider221 - Can you ask the owner of the note to email it to you?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Doesn't it depend on how the note was shared?  If the link is simply a public link it will open in a browser window with a pop-up option to add it to your own database.  If you have a pop-up blocker that might prevent the display...

@Spider221 - Can you ask the owner of the note to email it to you?

Thanks a lot brother! You got it right. I have applied pop-up blocker that's why I was facing this issue. You guys are so helpful.

• Like 3