only main window of evernote - no "new windows" after Windows 11 update Build 22621

Hi, yesterday I updated Windows 11 to Build 22621.

It seems to have the new feature of the file explorer: you have the Option to open folders in a new Tab instead of a new window.

Now, when I try to doubleclick a note in evernote, it does not open a 2nd window. In the Windows Task bar the new window is shown but when I click it it comes not into foreground.

When I recognized the problem, I updated evernote to 10.48.4 but that did not change anything.

Are there other members using Windows 11 22621 having the same problem?

Thanks, Mafe

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have  Windows 11 and Edge and can happily use the web version of Evernote.  I also have the installed app,  which is completely different software from the web version.  The installed app will allow me to open multiple notes in their own window.  I had not thought to try the same with a browser,  but I'd be surprised if the third-party security around a browser-based app would allow that to happen easily.  It's not a question whether Edge can open extra windows,  but whether Evernote is able to do so in that environment.  

• Level 5

Tabs in the installed app existed in the Mac version 7.14 (and before), never in the Windows legacy app.

In the new installed clients, there are not tabs available, only the option to open a note in a new window (just 1 per note allowed).

The web client can open more than 1 tab, if I’m not mistaken.

Tabs for the installed clients have been requested, but up to now neither confirmed as a planned feature nor materialized in an update.

• Like 1