Possible to archive an entire notebook so it doesn't appear in search results?

I was unable to create a post in the appropriate location nor find an answer with search.

I am using Evernote to manage receipts and once a year is signed off, I want to retain the records but no longer encounter anything in those particular notebooks when I am searching. Is there a way to archive an entire notebook? I can't seem to find anything regarding this. What are any recommended solutions? Export it to a storable form then delete it? Who's found a solution for this?

• Level 5

-notebook:myarchivenotebook 

If you want to archive several notebooks, put them into one stack:

-stack:myarchivestack

Caution: No space behind the colon !

Use a saved search if you want to reuse the search expression. You can mark it as a shortcut to have it always available.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

-notebook:myarchivenotebook 

If you want to archive several notebooks, put them into one stack:

-stack:myarchivestack

Caution: No space behind the colon !

Use a saved search if you want to reuse the search expression. You can mark it as a shortcut to have it always available.

Thanks for the quick response, I think my Evernote skills are a fair ways behind yours. You're suggesting line-level commands? I'll have to read more about that!

• Evernote Expert

You could also export a notebook as an ENEX file. Then delete it from inside Evernote keeping the ENEX stored on disk ready to be reinstated should you need to access the notes. Remember that anything you delete will still exist in the Trash notebook.

• Like 1