Archiving notebooks/not having them show up when I assign notes

Hi,

I have about 5-6 active notebooks I use regularly, then some older notebooks that are inactive.  I put all my inactive notebooks in a stack so I don't see them when I open my list of notebooks, but when I go to assign a new note to a notebook I get a huge list of allllll my inactive notebooks, which is annoying.  Is there a way to archive a notebook or make it so new notes can't be assigned to it?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AB20 said:

Is there a way to archive a notebook or make it so new notes can't be assigned to it?

Not that I know of. If you do not expect to routinely need the notes you can export them and then delete them for EN. They can be reimported in the future if needed. The other suggestion, which won't help in your case, is to exclude the stack containing the "archived" notebooks from search.

• Like 1

This could be some work depending on how many archived notebooks we are talking about, but you could also rename your archived notebooks so they start with a 'z' so they'd appear at the bottom of the 'Move note to...' window.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

start with a 'z' so they'd appear at the bottom

Rename is the process I use;  prefix with an "x"   
I also use this to archive tags