How does evernote iOS not have autosave?

I've been an Evernote premium user for over ten years. How can Evernote iOS not autosave? What is the team investing in if not this? More ways to create paywalls? This company is embarrassing compared to every other note service that autosaves for free. 

I can't believe I can write a note on my iPhone and have the app open for three days, and it still doesn't sync to the server.

No, I have to check the little green check mark. I don't have to do any other service, free or paid, so it's hard to remember that Evernote is still in the stone ages regarding auto-save. Funny because notes are all Evernote does. 

SO WHY NOT HAVE AUTOSAVE FOR NOTES IN IOS?

WHY MAKE THE USER PRESS THE GREEN CHECK MARK?

PLEASE BUILD AUTOSAVE FOR IOS NOTES!

NO MORE GREEN CHECK MARK

IF I WRITE IT - I WANT IT SAVED LIKE A GOOGLE DOC

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I'm not on iOS, so I can't comment directly. I do use the Android app, and there too you have to check the ✔️ to make it sync.

I take your point seriously, but I will only say that, having been on these forums for a few years now, I guarantee you that if and when Evernote ever implements autosave on mobile, people will come in here and say, "What? I made a typo / accidentally selected all and typed something / pocket edited, and Evernote saved my mistake! I don't know what was there originally! WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS AUTOSAVE?" May we refer them to @Allie990:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

Small addition: Hitting the swash does save locally, and flags the note for syncing (green triangle in notes list view). Sync will run a short while later, it is not instantaneous.

But saving it does.

Since „Save local, then sync the saved edits“ is by design, any „autosaving“ could cause havoc on the server, by syncing premature changes to the master copy stored there.

It is no design failure to ask the user to confirm his changes first before starting the syncing process. Closing the lid on an iPad without saving first means „don’t save & sync“, as does closing the app without saving.