I can't see any context menu when I right-click in Evernote's Search box.

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Hi,

has anyone else experienced this problem?

Right-click in the Search box momentarily shows flash of a context menu which immediately disappears?

I can't copy/paste etc with the mouse which is really frustrating.

Running Win10 Education 1903 and Evernote 10.45.18-win-ddl-public (3683), Editor: v157.1.19252, Service: v1.57.5

Thanks,

• Like 1
  • Solution
30 minutes ago, Whistler4 said:

Right-click in the Search box momentarily shows flash of a context menu which immediately disappears?

I can reproduce this behaviour. The ctrl+Q menu seems to work as expected. You should raise a support ticket with th EN team. In the mean time you can of course always use the keyboard shortcut.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Whistler4 said:

Hi,

I can't copy/paste etc with the mouse which is really frustrating.

Running Win10 Education 1903 and Evernote 10.45.18-win-ddl-public (3683), Editor: v157.1.19252, Service: v1.57.5

Thanks,

same for me for the last few days.  also can't menu won't open across the top when you click on them. File/Edit/View/Note

• Level 5

You don’t tell which client, on which sort of device, or whatever.

So you get general advice on a general posting: Usually logging out of the account, closing the app, restarting and logging in again will solve the problem.

If not, you may come back. Take one of these books along, called dictionary. It contains WORDS to describe your issue, many of them. You are advised to use some more than what you did in your first posting.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, PinkElephant said:

You don’t tell which client, on which sort of device, or whatever.

So you get general advice on a general posting: Usually logging out of the account, closing the app, restarting and logging in again will solve the problem.

If not, you may come back. Take one of these books along, called dictionary. It contains WORDS to describe your issue, many of them. You are advised to use some more than what you did in your first posting.

I am using Evernote desktop on PC windows 10. Can't find which version of Evernote, since I can't click on any of the tabs across the top (file/view/edit/tools/etc)
- they don't work -so no drop down menu) and it is currently updated.

when I go to right click in the notes section to get the drop down menu (for changing a misspelled word, cut n paste et al) it gives a quick flash and then nothing,.

have closed out, uninstalled etc and still no fix. Thanks in advance for advice... any help would be appreciated.

• Level 5

This looks like a really bad install.

You should completely uninstall - and the Windows uninstaller won't do the job ! It leaves traces of the prior setup.

Get Revo Uninstaller from the internet. Install it and run it to remove all traces of EN. Then restart the PC and install fresh from the EN website.

• Like 1