Image paste in Windows 11 Evernote app fails

Title says it all. I selected a web article with images in it, which apparently were PNG files. When I paste them into a new note in Evernote app on Windows 11, they have a gray bar and say "Unable to render image in this format.". The same paste works fine on the web at evernote.com via Safari on Mac or Edge on Windows. It also fails on JPG files, and everything fails on the Mac app (I posted there as well).

Please fix this!

Hi @gazumpedthanks for the reply. I normally use Web Clipper but some sites look awful when I try to capture an article. One site is The Athletic. Try this site, it requires a subscription for the whole article but I think you can see enough to copy it. I actually grab it in Reading mode under Safari, which gives me a clean copy of the article:

https://theathletic.com/3575558/2022/09/08/orioles-rutschman-twins-correa-free-agency/ 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is not unheard of to have websites that try to block clipping. Usually this are sites behind paywalls.

You can report the website to EN support and ask them to review the clipping problems. However if a site takes measures against clipping, it can be hard to get a satisfying clip.

It's any web site I can go to. Just highlighting an image and text fails today. Safari, Chrome, Edge. Windows, Mac. 

If I paste into Evernote web, it shows fine on the App. If I paste into the App and it fails, it is fine on the web Evernote. Just going to this Apple site and copying the 1 image and some text by selecting it, fails. There's nothing fancy going on, images are failing across the board in the app on Mac and Windows.

Does it work if you copy/paste into Evernote the image of the 3 phones on this page?

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/08/iphone-14-pro-geekbench-score/ 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don0819 said:

I actually grab it in Reading mode under Safari, which gives me a clean copy of the article:

I think you have the right attitude there - I tried clipping that site and failed,  as I have every so often on other sites and clips - usually with paywalls involved.  I'm pretty certain the sites see Evernote leaning in to copy any content as a different user to whatever access you might be on - and the full weight of site security gets dropped on the connection.  I fail from time to time and just use a different method to obtain the content I need - even if it comes down to printing the site as a PDF and pasting that file into a note!

• Like 1