Help - just lost 2 years worth of notes

I have been a loyal Evernote user for 12 years. My MAC gave me an upgrade notice which I accepted. I just learned that TWO YEARS worth of notes has vanished! Nothing is shown as deleted in the trash. This is completely unacceptable and if not fixable I am DONE with Evernote. HELP!!!

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. These are primarily user-to-user forums, so we're not able to help you recover notes directly. A couple of suggestions, though, if you haven't tried them already: Have you checked the Evernote Web client in a browser to see whether the notes are still there? That would show whether they have in fact been lost from your account, or are just not showing up for some reason in the Mac desktop program. If they're present in the Web client but not the desktop, then I'd suggest doing a thorough uninstall, including removing the database, which may be corrupted. I'm not a Mac user, so someone else here would have to tell you how to do that.

Secondly, are all your notes gone, or just notes from the last two years? IOW, are notes more than two years old present and accessible? If everything is gone, is there any chance that you logged in to the upgraded app using the wrong credentials (such as a different email address)? That would create a brand-new, empty account using the different credentials. Simplest check is to log out, then log back in, being careful to use your correct Evernote credentials. But if there are notes present from longer than two years ago, then something else is wrong.

Apologies if you've already tried all this. At that point, it would be necessary to contact Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If you make this an Account issue, you should be able to get support whether you have a paid subscription or not.