10.39 arrives with improved download for offline notebooks

• Evernote Expert

I just received v10.39 for Android which apparently supports speedier download of offline notebooks.

However, it also disabled my previous selection. So if you get this version, check that you still have offline notebooks enabled of that's your preference.

EDIT: My first notebook was downloaded on about 30minutes instead of several days previously. So it does seem to be much quicker.

Edited by agsteele
Update

I am not sure how effective has the fix for other people. But for me it has been not noticeable. I have around 5000 notes and a few notebooks. It took me forever to download all the notes. I wonder if Evernote is actually downloading as it is not possible to keep Evernote all the time.

• Level 5

The way to download has been described several times (autolockscreen off, device to charger, keep app active, let it run over the night, better a few notebooks at a time).

You can switch to „All notebooks“ after the initial download. Usually a normal use of the app is sufficient to keep the offline data up to date.

When you go into app settings, notebooks, offline notebooks you can check the download status. Notebooks with a long green bar (and at the tip a little grey) are still downloading. No bar tells that the download is finished.

The middle one of these 3 notebooks is still downloading:

EEB28F78-076A-4D7E-A203-AF457911C1DD.thumb.jpeg.d4dbd73805af9cb461508f068e885f3c.jpeg

• Thanks 1