When using the handwriting option on Android the first part of the Note ends up duplicated at the bottom of the Note when saved.

Maniac57

Idea

When using the handwriting option on Android the first part of the Note ends up duplicated at the bottom of the Note when saved.   This has been going on now for easily over 12 months.

How can this be avoided, if at all, as it becomes a distracting nuisance?

I always have the latest software, and security policy, on my device as they are automatically updated. 

Running Android version 5.0.2

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. If you are using v. 5.0.2 of the Evernote Android app, you do not have the latest software, by far. The current version is v. 10, which requires a current version of the Android operating system as well. If (like me) you are still on Android 9 or earlier, you can and should use v. 8.13.3, the last version that is compatible with that Android OS. The first thing to do would be to update the app to either v. 8 or v. 10, depending on what Android version you are running on.

• Evernote Expert

Probably you have older Android device. You must have Android 10 or newer to use the latest versions of Evernote. 

Sadly, for you, there is no support and no fixes for issues with the versions you are using.

• Level 5
19 hours ago, Maniac57 said:

This has been happening whilst I am using Android 5.0.2, and Evernote 8.5.3.  For some reason I am unable to upgrade my android version on my tablet.

You should be able to update to v. 8.13.3, which might help. Go to the Play Store, or within the app go to Settings > Support > Check for updates. But I can't promise that 8.13.3 will not also have this problem. I don't do much handwriting in Evernote, so I don't know whether the problem exists on this latest version. But since 8.13.3 is the final version for Android 9 and earlier, and is not being updated or improved, if updating to it does not solve the problem, you won't be able to solve it on this device.