Hello,

while writing on a note, the App suddenly switched back to the main menu. When I tried to reopen my previously used note, there was only a loading sign with no further explanation. I opened a new note to continue writing. After our meeting, I managed to reopen the original note only to see that half of my notes were missing. Is there any way to restore previous note states?

Thank you in advance!

Iggy

Hi, there is maybe a chance to restore note information via the history. If you are on a paid plan you can view history on web or desktop clients and roll back to prior version of the note. BUT: a history is only available if the information you entered had been already synced to the cloud during entering process. The app behaviour you describe could relate to the actual bug in the EN app where content simply partially vanishes after saving. So you maybe out of luck. But it's worth checking history.

• Evernote Expert
26 minutes ago, Roonicas said:

What is the actual bug in Evernote and is there word on when it will be fixed?

I'm not sure that there is, necessarily, a bug in Evernote.  This feels like a program crash. It isn't clear which application was involved nor which operating system. There haven't been any other reports of this issue so I'd guess at a crash and the reason is unlikely to ever be determined.

In these circumstances I'd go for a rebuild of the data on the device. On mobile that would mean unistalling and reinstalling the app. On a desktop File | Sign Out | Remove my data from this device | Sign back in and the data will be rebuilt.