Unable to share notebook

gsciuchetti

Idea

I am trying to share a notebook between two basic accounts using email and the invites are just never sending. 

I've tried testing both directions (send acct a -> acct b and acct b -> acct a), tried sending just text workchats between the two (downgraded both to old evernote web in case it was a new platform issue), and they don't seem to see each other in the slightest. I have checked in shared with me page and have checked work chats itself, and see nothing incoming to either account. 

I've tried sharing from android, and from both old and new web platforms. I never receive emails indicating that anything was received. The newer account is 6 days old and the other is a few months old. 

2 replies to this idea

On 8/5/2022 at 7:22 PM, gsciuchetti said:

I am trying to share a notebook between two basic accounts using email and the invites are just never sending. 

I've tried testing both directions (send acct a -> acct b and acct b -> acct a), tried sending just text workchats between the two (downgraded both to old evernote web in case it was a new platform issue), and they don't seem to see each other in the slightest. I have checked in shared with me page and have checked work chats itself, and see nothing incoming to either account. 

I've tried sharing from android, and from both old and new web platforms. I never receive emails indicating that anything was received. The newer account is 6 days old and the other is a few months old. 

Hey - happy to try to share a test notebook with you to see if we can figure it out. Let me know if that would help (and have you checked the "shared with me" section?)

• Level 5

@gsciuchetti Does it work when you use the sharing link ?

The email is based on a mail server, which operates for a number of accounts. If the mail server is down, all accounts on that server will not send email any more. Everybody not on the same server will find the function works, and can’t reproduce the problem.

Trying with the link would make it easier to find out if the problem is with sending the share information, or with sharing in general.