New note dissappears

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Just updated to version 10.41.5

When I create a new note, the new note shows up for a few seconds.  When I start to enter the title of the note, the note disappears.  Vanishes.  I just uninstalled Evernote and re-installed.  I have rebooted my computer.  

I just want it to work.  Screen capture video is attached.

• Level 5

Don’t know either. And as another user dedicating time here, I have no motivation to run after you asking to post in a way that it is readable. You present your problem in a way that IS readable, or you „dick“ yourself. I really don’t care, it is up to you.

Hint: If you searched the forum a little, you would probably find a post that might help you to solve the problem yourself. But sure, it is always easier to skip that step and expect fellow users will present the solution on a silver plate.

• Level 5
  • Solution

I also have v. 10.41.5. I just tested, following the same procedure as in your video (which displays OK on my Windows 10 laptop), and was able to create 2 new notes successfully. Since this seems to be an isolated problem (unless indeed a search of the forums turns up other reports), it's most likely a local issue. You could try uninstalling (using Revo Uninstaller, since Windows doesn't always seem to completely uninstall Evernote). Or else try removing your local database: Go to File > Sign Out; in the "Keep local backup?" dialogue, select "Remove my Evernote data from this device," then sign out; restart the computer; start Evernote, sign in, and wait for your notes to sync. After a couple of minutes (should be enough to start with), try creating a new note and see if it works.

Dave,

I used Revo Uninstaller to completely uninstall and that seemed to fix the problem.  I have never used that solution to uninstall a program before and you were correct, there were a lot of left over files after the uninstall that I was able to clean up.

After the uninstall I downloaded EN again and the problem seems to be fixed.  Appreciate the help!

• Like 1