Evernote is not recognizing that I have unsynced a device

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I bought a new device. To continue using the free Evernote account that I have had since 2012 I needed to unsync a device, which I did. Now, when I try to use Evernote I get kicked off the app due to having to unsync the same device twice, as the system did not recognize that I did unsync the device. The system only allows this unsyncing two times per month. Since I unsynched the same device twice I have reached my monthly limit. I can no longer get access to my account. I adhered to the free account guidelines, the system is not seeing this. How can I correct this?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  Shortest and simplest answer - subscribe on a monthly basis and sort out your devices,  then downgrade again.  Instant access to your account,  and to Support if you have issues.  Alternatively - try Support direct;  access as 'guest' if you need to via Evernote.com in a browser.  Check the help page to make sure you're unlinking devices correctly.  Understanding the device limit

• Level 5

To unsync first log out of your account on the device you want to drop. Then use the „other“ device to unsync.

Unsycing from the same device will often not work, because you need to be synced to unsync. This creates a deadlock, that will not allow the unsync.

If you have already fallen into that situation, the best alternative is really to subscribe be for a month, sort things out and then fall back to Free again.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

We can, but it is advisable to log out of the client we want to unsync first.

If you talk about "devices", it means several - even worse, because there is a limit of unsyncs of 2 devices per 30 days. If you have used up the 2 unsyncs, you can't unsync any more for 30 days - which at the same time means you can't sync another for the same time, or longer.

Honestly: It looks like your account situation is a mess. And to sort out this mess without complex restrictions, I would simply purchase a month of Personal (will cost the same as a large "to go" with flavour). This lifts all restrictions, and you can consolidate your account situation. If you always wanted to upload this truckload of files to your account, you can use the month of being a subscriber to do so as well.