Android bugs... or maybe it is just me

I just wanted to check if other people share the problems I have with my Android clients. Maybe I just need to reinstall Evernote. Or maybe Android Evernote is still buggy. The Windows client is so improved that I am always a little surprised (and bummed) when I go back to my Android devices. Please note I have 40 380 notes and 534 notebooks.

My problems:

- changing the sort order of a notebook will freeze the app... or it will take 2, 3 full minutes.

- when I want to share something to Evernote, it won't work at all the 1st time. Evernote comes to the forefront, and that's it. I have to go back and share again, then it works. I use Chrome.

- The same "note creation" may happen the next 5 or 6 times I open Evernote. Evernote just creates the same note over and over again.

Generally speaking, the app is slow.

I have a Samsung Note 20 and a Tab S6. Both behave the same way.

• Evernote Expert

I see issues reported with Samsung devices more often (but that may reflect Samsung's dominance in the market).

I would imagine that 40k notes and over 500 notebooks could slow things down on Android too.

I don't have any problems but far fewer notes.

I still have the sharing problem every now and then. Do you get this too, @agsteele ? if not, maybe i can delete the cache and reinstall :) (I'm on a pixel 6 btw)

I've never tried to sort a notebook, but i only have a couple of thousand notes, so it will probably be a lot quicker for me anyway.

• Evernote Expert
37 minutes ago, ehrt74 said:

I still have the sharing problem every now and then. Do you get this too, @agsteele ? if not, maybe i can delete the cache and reinstall :) (I'm on a pixel 6 btw)

I've never tried to sort a notebook, but i only have a couple of thousand notes, so it will probably be a lot quicker for me anyway.

Yes, the issue where I have to bring Evernote to the foreground before I share a doucment or web clip to Evernote still exists.  I confess, however, that this isn't proving to be a major inconvenience. It would be better if it worked as, I presume, it is intended but my muscle meory means I just open Evernote and the go and share the material.

When I said 'I don't have any problems...' I was thinking of speed. And the sharing thing has become so much second nature that I don't view it as a problem although I can see that others might find it so.  Very mild annoyance is about as far as I'd take that.  Otherwise, Evernote 10 does everything I need on Android. Currently v10.36

• Thanks 1