Flaws w/ Instructions to Uninstall EN Beta for Recurring Tasks

Go to solution Solved by Nick L.,

Trying to follow instructions to uninstall the Beta for Recurring Tasks on Mac Desktop --but the instructions don't map to what's actually happening.

1. I selected ALL notes in order to sync 'em per instructions BUT am prompted in red that I can not select more than than 50 notes??  So, okay, I figured out a work-around to ensure that what's on iOs and my Mac desktop are synced.  So maybe those are instrucitons for PC's?  Whatever,  i figured out how to handle

2.  Next step works -- I've opted out of the EN Early Access Program:  https://evernote.com/earlyaccessoptout

3.  But HOW do I uninstall the actual Beta app??? Do I simply delete the application from my applications folder?  Instructions need be cleared for those of us who have very basic tech-know-how!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 12.44.55 PM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  How would you uninstall any app?  Seems to me the instructions just assume you'll remove the beta app like any other, and then download and install the standard one.  No special process involved,  just business as usual for macs.  

• Confused 1
  • Solution

Hey @FayNYC

I can help clarify some questions. 

1. This first point is more to review if any of your notes are not synced. For example, if you used the app offline, the note snippets will show a gray icon on the top right corner indicating that these notes haven't been synced yet. The first point you mentioned is a visual verification of your notes to see if you have anything that hasn't synced. You can also go to Evernote Web and compare your note count or just take a side by side peek. 

2. No comments here. Seems like you got it 👍
3. Uninstalling an app on the Mac consists simply of dragging it to the trash, however all apps will leave things behind. If you want to do a clean uninstall of Evernote for Mac you have to do the following: 
1. Open a Finder window
2. In the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder
3. Paste "~/Library/Application Support" without the quotes in the box and press "Go"
4. Find the "Evernote" folder and delete it. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 2:34 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  How would you uninstall any app?  Seems to me the instructions just assume you'll remove the beta app like any other, and then download and install the standard one.  No special process involved,  just business as usual for macs.  

Business as usual for a "Level 5" user such as yourself, yes.  But not for a Level 1 User like me. This is my first beta and there's lots of lingo with which I am not yet familiar.  

• Like 1
On 7/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, FayNYC said:

Trying to follow instructions to uninstall the Beta for Recurring Tasks on Mac Desktop --but the instructions don't map to what's actually happening.

1. I selected ALL notes in order to sync 'em per instructions BUT am prompted in red that I can not select more than than 50 notes??  So, okay, I figured out a work-around to ensure that what's on iOs and my Mac desktop are synced.  So maybe those are instrucitons for PC's?  Whatever,  i figured out how to handle

2.  Next step works -- I've opted out of the EN Early Access Program:  https://evernote.com/earlyaccessoptout

3.  But HOW do I uninstall the actual Beta app??? Do I simply delete the application from my applications folder?  Instructions need be cleared for those of us who have very basic tech-know-how!!

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 12.44.55 PM.png

Thank you so much Nick!   I fortunately was able to confer with a tech-fluent friend who assisted.   That being said, I LOVE that you've answered this. Belated thanks!!!

On 7/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, Nick L. said:

Hey @FayNYC

I can help clarify some questions. 

1. This first point is more to review if any of your notes are not synced. For example, if you used the app offline, the note snippets will show a gray icon on the top right corner indicating that these notes haven't been synced yet. The first point you mentioned is a visual verification of your notes to see if you have anything that hasn't synced. You can also go to Evernote Web and compare your note count or just take a side by side peek. 

2. No comments here. Seems like you got it 👍
3. Uninstalling an app on the Mac consists simply of dragging it to the trash, however all apps will leave things behind. If you want to do a clean uninstall of Evernote for Mac you have to do the following: 
1. Open a Finder window
2. In the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder
3. Paste "~/Library/Application Support" without the quotes in the box and press "Go"
4. Find the "Evernote" folder and delete it. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...