How to change the folder where the Evernote attachments get stored?

I found that my Evernote attachments were getting saved in Dropbox folder (but after I deleted my Dropbox account & changed some permissions for that folder😶). Now I want to change the attachments folder. Can we do this? 

Also sometimes this error comes for some attachments.

image.png.da7902b4e8aada8b18581293b3e8c3fa.png

• Evernote Expert

It is possible to relocate the data files for EN v10 although by an unofficial tweak. Search for symlink or symbolic link in these forums. You could try the same approach to relocate just the attachments folders. All these unofficial thinks area at your own risk.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Akshay Dadhwal said:

I found that my Evernote attachments were getting saved in Dropbox folder

Hi.  I think there's a misunderstanding here.  Evernote do not save to Dropbox as a standard feature.  They're more likely to save to a Google folder.  Another app may have set up this connection,  and if so, presumably could be used to save more content elsewhere if necessary.

20 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I think there's a misunderstanding here.  Evernote do not save to Dropbox as a standard feature.  They're more likely to save to a Google folder.  Another app may have set up this connection,  and if so, presumably could be used to save more content elsewhere if necessary.

Yeah ok, leave aside that Dropbox thing. Just want to know if we can change the attachment folder.🧐

• Level 5*

The only attachments folder I know of is the Windows Legacy desktop app,  where - because of the oddities of Windows - attachments need to be stored whilst they're being edited or viewed in third-party software like Adobe or Word.  The attachment is exported from the note,  set up as a standard DOCX file (for example) so that Word can view and edit it...  and then is re-attached to the note and absorbed back into the database code on completion.  Any files in that folder are not part of the database and can be deleted.  That folder is usually part of the main Evernote folder alongside the database files.

I don't know of any other independent folders to contain attachments.  Are you sure this is an Evernote folder?

• Evernote Expert

For Evernote v10 on Windows the directory which holds copies of attachments is %AppData%\Evernote\resource-cache\Usernnnn where nnnn is your Evernote user number

Each directory in this structure has a long obscure name and contains two files with a matching long obscure name. One ends in .mime and this contains information about the attachment. The other is the attachment minus its file suffix.

The only option for relocating is as I already indicated...

• Like 1