Can I use notes that are shared from the account that gets deleted?

Hedu

Idea

Hi,

I'm sorry if my question is not in the right place. I would like to save notes (recipes, receipts, memories etc.) from my deceased father's Evernote to me. I have shared them and am able to use them from my account now but I'm wondering should I save them in some other form also. What happens if my father's account gets deleted at some point? (I don't have password for the account. I can use the account as long it doesn't log out in the mobile app.)

• Like 1

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums. Please accept my condolences on your father's passing. I have no idea about the answer to your question. You may have to raise the question with Evernote support. But I thank you for asking it here, because it makes me think about how I should plan to make things from my Evernote account accessible to my children. This is a new sort of question for people of my generation!

If your father had a paid subscription, it might be good to keep it renewed, which would mean keeping the credit card that he used active--which might not be wise for other reasons. If it was a free account, there's no reason it should ever get deleted. I don't believe it would be possible to change the card used to pay for a subscription, or to change a paid subscription to a free one, without having the password.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Hedu said:

I have shared them and am able to use them from my account now but I'm wondering should I save them in some other form also.

Condolences
I'm guessing you're accessing the notes via shared notebooks; owned by your father  
You should copy the notes into notebooks owned by you