Add template from gallery to My Templates

• Level 5

This seems like a dumb question; apologies! When templates were first introduced, I added several from the general templates gallery to My Templates for quicker access. I can no longer figure out how I did this. Has the capability been removed? Per the Help & Learning article on using templates, the process is:

1. Visit evernote.com/templates in your web browser.
  2. Choose a template you’d like to save.
  3. Click View template to preview the full template.
  4. Click Use Template in the upper right corner of the page.

Repeat this for as many templates as you’d like to save. Your saved templates are displayed with preview images and are synced to your account so they’re available on all of your devices. To view your saved templates, create a new note and click or tap Template in the note body.

But when I tried that today, clicking Use Template only created a new note in my default notebook using the selected template (as I would expect, actually). Is there any way to add an existing template to My Templates?

• Level 5

Yes, that was it. Didn't even have to make an edit. Thanks for being present at my Senior Moment!

The point of this, BTW, is that as I don't expect to use a great number of templates, selecting the ones I want from the entire gallery and getting them into My Templates will make them easier to find. And of course they can be customized as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Good point. So far I have 9; I doubt if I will create many more, but of course these are all derived from the general gallery, so they can always be deleted if I don't customize them.

And wouldn't it be nice to be allowed to add some of those important templates to the "suggested templates" quick links in the new note rather than being stuck with just the 8 templates EN thinks are most important.

image.png.863e6ca85100297715782bdcef76c8a7.png

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mike P said:

And wouldn't it be nice to be allowed to add some of those important templates to the "suggested templates" quick links in the new note rather than being stuck with just the 8 templates EN thinks are most important.

image.png.863e6ca85100297715782bdcef76c8a7.png

Agree. This causes unnecessary extra clicks: Open Gallery/Personal Templates/<The personal template I want to us>