Default sorting of search results by Created Date??

When I search for something in EN, I almost always want to see the most recent notes that are returned by the search. My EN client running on MacOS Big Sur returns notes sorted on title A to Z.

I can double click on Created date to re-sort. 

Is it possible to change the default behavior to sorting by Created date?

I think my search results are always whatever I sorted the last search results on. I usually have it sorted by 'Date updated descending' and it always maintains that sort order for each search. I tried just now and changed the search result note list to 'Created date' and then did another search and the sort order remained at 'Created date'.

This is on Desktop (on a Mac too).

1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

I think my search results are always whatever I sorted the last search results on. I usually have it sorted by 'Date updated descending' and it always maintains that sort order for each search. I tried just now and changed the search result note list to 'Created date' and then did another search and the sort order remained at 'Created date'.

This is on Desktop (on a Mac too).

I tried it again several times and my "created" sort is not sticky at all. Each search reverts back to alpha sort on Title. @Boot17

• Level 5

Can't confirm this behavior. When it was selected before to have "sorted by change date" in the middle column, it will show the notes after I made a search as well in  sequence of the change date.

Mac 12.3.1, EN client 10.36.4