How to transform "Sign in with Apple" account to "Sign in with email" account?

I have a "Sign In with Apple" account because I thought it would simplify using Evernote across my Apple devices. I have been extremely patient with the horrific UX on my Mac that doesn't even work 4 out of 5 times. I am done with it and want to change my account to a traditional "sign in with email" account. How can I do that?

• Level 5*

Evernote says...

How do I set up an Evernote password while using Sign in with Apple?

To set up an Evernote password for your account, go here. Enter either your Apple ID email address or your private relay email address (if you chose to hide your email address). You'll be sent an email to set up a new password. Creating an Evernote password will not affect your Apple ID password.

After you've set up an Evernote password, you can sign in to Evernote using the Continue with Apple button or by entering your email address (or private relay email address) and the Evernote password you created.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Personally I don’t really see the sense behind this „sign in with …“. It creates no discernible value for me, since I nearly always stay logged into my account all of the time. The device security on iOS and Mac is enough to protect my account access from abuse.

Whether I am logged in through the classical user or the sign-in-by is IMHO not relevant.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/4/2022 at 15:08, PinkElephant dijo:

"... The device security on iOS and Mac is enough to protect my account access from abuse."

Whether I am logged in through the classical user or the sign-in-by is IMHO not relevant.

Isn't that dangerous? If your apple account gets pished, then all  your info would be in hands of hackers.

I used to log with Google Accounts, but the last year I've changed to different passwords for each account. 

• Level 5

The Apple account is protected by its own version of 2FA. It cross references between the devices registered under my account. So for the Account I really don’t see a significant risk.

The devices are all protected by biometric measures. Apple uses on all newer devices the T2 chip. All biometric data stays local, inside of the T2. It processes every request locally, this means it just gives an OK to the device when it has checked the identity. The biometric data is never leaving the chip.

Apple has taken it to the extend that the T2 is among other functions the SSD controller, responsible for the local drive and its encryption. Without convincing the T2 that the access is legit, the local drive stays fully encrypted.

But this is not meant by „Login by Google / Apple“. This means you use the Apple / Google login to log into your EN account. I use my Evernote login to log into into my account (as well with 2FA), but I usually don’t logout before closing the app. This way I stay logged in. Once I unlock the device and start the EN client, it will use that login to access the account. This way device security does the job instead of the login procedure.