EN clipping to wrong account

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

So, I have two EN accounts, mostly by accident of forgetting I already had one. So I have the free account I used on my tablet in college, and my current paid account I use for organizing my life. And for some reason, clipper (for Chrome, if relevant) will occasionally clip to the free account instead of my primary account, despite that I've never authorized/logged into clipper with that account. On the upside, EN isn't actually losing clips, on the downside, this is still something I'd like to fix.

Caveat: the free EN account is, however, the account google / gmail is typically signed into. And I do use my google accounts to login to Evernote.

Is there a way to fix this that isn't "transfer everything to my primary evernote and delete the extra"? I haven't had any luck, and it's been a sporadic and repeated frustration. Because it isn't every, or even most clips. It's like 1:10. So I have no idea what triggers it.

• Level 5*

Hi.  So - as far as I'm aware - the web browser Clipper will clip to the account into which it is logged.  There is however also a separate Gmail-specific clipper which (again AFAIK) will clip to the account matching the gmail account to which it is attached.  If your 1/10 misplaced clips come from one account,  that might be the reason.

Other than that I'd say the obvious option would be to change the login to your 'spare' account so it's something other than that Gmail address.  Maybe get another random Gmail account?  Or switch from that type of login...