Refund via iTunes

Hello

I no longer have any need for my Evernote account and would like to cancel it. My membership was taken out less than 60 days ago via iTunes. 

When I try to cancel it on the Evernote website, it refers me to Apple as it was purchased via iTunes

Apple/iTunes has said that they do not offer refunds for cancelled subscriptions which I feel is grossly unfair...

Any ideas to get my money back or do I accept 'this is the way it is'?

Peter

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

You could raise a support request with Evernote (we're mainly users here) - no idea if there's a mechanism for a refund in this situation.

Thanks, do you know how I can raise a support request. I cant seem to find a way out of the rabbit hole !

• Level 5

Looking back: People can subscribe monthly or yearly. When subscribing for a year, the price is somewhat lower than monthly. Everything else is the same, and iTunes (or EN) happily charges every month, no problem with „too much of a fuzz“, it is just a few 0 and 1s moved around.

This leaves the lower price. Subscribing for a lower price, and after 2 month find out that I picked the wrong strategy means I fucked it up myself. Then I book the money spend on the „life lessons“ account, shrug and move on.

I do not bother other people to correct MY mistake, and I don‘t expect a refund when I myself have decided to go for a cut. I would rather not spend my own precious lifetime on such a quarrel. Support staff gets paid to do so, but even then.

Just my personal stance …

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, Avon1330 said:

Hello

I no longer have any need for my Evernote account and would like to cancel it. My membership was taken out less than 60 days ago via iTunes. 

When I try to cancel it on the Evernote website, it refers me to Apple as it was purchased via iTunes

Apple/iTunes has said that they do not offer refunds for cancelled subscriptions which I feel is grossly unfair...

Any ideas to get my money back or do I accept 'this is the way it is'?

Peter

You can request a refund through http://reportaproblem.apple.com/ within 90 days of purchase.