Paste from clipboard?

I use Evernote to aggregate news articles, and of course it's been on fire since the beginning of the current Crimean War. I find that news site Share links frequently don't work, or if they do, they serve up a duplicate of the most recent article I downloaded, even after I scroll through the entire article once or twice to make sure the whole thing is read into RAM.

There are usually two additional options on news sites called Copy and Nearby Share. If there was a Paste from Clipboard option on the three-dot menu, I could Copy the article to clipboard and then Paste it into a note. Would it be feasible to add this? thx/panterazero

• Level 5

Personally on a desktop I would use the EN web clipper. It works much more reliably than any sharing process. There are a few new websites notoriously known to counteract clipping (among them NYT and WSJ), but in general it works pretty good.

I agree completely with @PinkElephantthat the webclipper is by far the best option. If that doesn't work for some reason (local html files are where it lets me down) there is already a global shortcut for "paste to EN". That means that pressing Alt+Ctrl+V (Windows) will paste the contents of the clipboard into a new note in EN without you having to go to EN, open a new note and paste. It also has the advanatage that it will make a sensible stab at what the title of the note should be. You get a nice little pop up meesage to say it's worked, so no need to maximise EN to check.

image.png.3e488603c28276401caf476dc743bb94.png

Wow, and I thought I already had enough of a treat today with Ctrl-Alt-. for Expand Font, rather than doing it from the droplist! I also downloaded the table of EN hotkeys and reformatted it, and my two remaining questions are: Is there any difference between Ctrl-Alt-V and  Win+V, and if so, what? And, does Evernote need a pair of hotkeys for global conversion back and forth between return (Enter) and line feed (Shift-Enter?) thanks for the list of hotkeys!

9 hours ago, panterazero said:

Is there any difference between Ctrl-Alt-V and  Win+V, and if so, what?

Win+V is the windows clipboard manager. To use it with EN you would need to have the focus on EN. The great advantage with alt+Ctrl+V is that it will paste into EN without you having to go to EN.

9 hours ago, panterazero said:

does Evernote need a pair of hotkeys for global conversion back and forth between return (Enter) and line feed (Shift-Enter?)

Sorry I don't really understand this question.