Wireless scans importing directly to Evernote are blank

Hi, 

I have been using Scansnap home for several years without issue. Recently updated software and now scans are pulling through to Evernote entirely blank? Have tried reinstalling scansnap home but this has not fixed the issue. If I connect to scanner via USB and scan through the desktop app, it will save to my desktop perfectly. However the wireless mechanism and archiving direct to Evernote consistently imports blank PDFs. Any ideas on how to fix this would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

image.thumb.png.1c8d6149aa117b0b14f4b809120292a2.png

On 4/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, agsteele said:

Can you scan successfully via WiFi to, say, the desktop?

Hi agsteele. Yes, I can scan to desktop via WiFi, and have a watched folder that syncs with Evernote which gets around the scan direct to evernote issue I am reporting. That works fine with scans appearing without fault. But that means the system is dependent upon my laptop. It stops others in the house simply scanning something and it directly importing into Evernote which is suboptimal.  

On 4/1/2022 at 9:37 PM, PinkElephant said:

There has been an issue, which was resolved with the most recent updates.

Update your client to 10.34, and try again.

Hi Pink Elephant, I am running  Evernote 10.32.4 which it says is the "most up to date version available

• Level 5

The updated message is often a bit behind - EN uses a method called „staged rollout“ which means not every client gets update notifications at the same time. You can download the latest software manually from the EN website, which in this case will result in installing 10.34.

This may solve the problem - 10.34 contains a bugfix for some known ScanSnap scanning issues. No idea if it solves the problem you describe, but it is worth a try.

An alternative could be scanning through a smartphone, using the app ScanSnap Cloud.

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The updated message is often a bit behind - EN uses a method called „staged rollout“ which means not every client gets update notifications at the same time. You can download the latest software manually from the EN website, which in this case will result in installing 10.34.

This may solve the problem - 10.34 contains a bugfix for some known ScanSnap scanning issues. No idea if it solves the problem you describe, but it is worth a try.

An alternative could be scanning through a smartphone, using the app ScanSnap Cloud.

Thank you! Really helpful advice and will try that to see if it solves the issue

• Like 1