Upgrade to Professional using Google Play

I've been using Evernote for over 5 years, and I'm trying to upgrade to a Professional membership.  I went ahead and cancelled my Google Play recurring Premium subscription, and now I can't choose Professional.  I"m LITERALLY TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY, and there are million obstacles to actually trying to contact someone about this problem.  I've tried going through the "Contact Us" page only to run into the "check the forums" automated advice, or "restart the app".

I've tried upgrading via the app on Android, the app on desktop, and the website.  This is very annoying.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  If I have to wait till my premium subscription is done, which won't be for another 4 months, I might as well just try another system.

Thanks for reading.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're in a mainly user-supported Forum,  and we ain't Evernote.  Neither is Google,  and the problem with cancelling your existing payment with them and upgrading 2/3 of the way through is that Google have your money for the year,  and Evernote can't refund the next few months or charge for less than a year on upgrade.  Is there a Professional feature that you must have now?  If not,  it hardly seems a major imposition to wait until your existing subscription winds down to 'free' and then upgrade immediately.  If you really must upgrade,  then I'd suggest you start off talking to Google to see whether they have any way to upgrade your account (I'm a user;  I don't know) - or even start a brand new separate Professional account independently of the existing subscription.

• Level 5

When subscribing through Google or Apple, they manage the subscription for you. EN has no influence on that payment method.

In other threads about store subscriptions there had been reports that in a first step users paid a full years subscription for the new plan when updating, without a direct rebate. In a second step they received a refund a few days later, pro rata tempore. This means they refund the unused part of the old subscription.

For this to proceed it is important (taken from that threads, non personal experience) to have an ongoing, not canceled subscription.

When canceled the users needed to wait until the old subscription expired. 

These rules are applied by the Stores, not by EN.