Question about applying templates to existing notes

I'm thinking of upgrading to the personal plan so I can build templates for my needs.  One thing I have not been able to determine, however, is whether or not it is possible to apply a template to an existing note?

I realize that I could cut and paste from the existing note to the newly "templatized" note.  What I would like to be able to do is just take an existing note, then select a template.  Bam!  sure I may have to do a little editing but I can live with that.

Is this do-able?

Bill W

I don't think so.

I'm on the Personal subscription and you can only apply a template when there is zero text in the note body like so:

image.png.c160028e407c7dc8853edaaa70f94c7e.png

As soon as you start typing something (in this case, the letter z) the template selections go away:

image.png.d106fab9332d94228e35fa54117768fc.png

When I delete the 'z', the template selections come back. This is probably the same as Freemium -- I imagine.

• Level 5*

Yup - as @Boot17 - you can only use a template on a new note.  Existing notes are not 're-arranged' if you apply a template.  And in this,  as many other  features,  free users get the full range of options - just less headroom with note size and upload limits.  An external service "Filterize" can process new or changed Evernote notes to add or edit titles / tags / notebook assignments and they do mention a templates option which might help - but you'd have to research how that works...

• Level 5

There is one significant difference between Free and all subscriptions: Only subscribers can add their own templates to the template selection. This means Free users can only apply the preset templates created by EN. All templates - predefined and custom created - can only be applied to a new, virgin note.

As a workaround Free users can create a note with all the bells and whistles of a template, and save it, for example into a „Templates“ notebook. To apply it, select the note and duplicate it.