save TEMPLATE problem w/ macOS 10.31.6

since the last update to v10.31.6. I can't save new Templates (if they've icons, signs, ...etc.) in it to my fav. template folder :-(
Does anyone have the same problems ?

Sometime - if it is a very 'simple' template e.g. w/ just a table it seems to work - means: I can save it, but not bring it in a new note from my templates folder ... !

This function works correct, until the latest version/update - even with very complex templates incl. files, icons, link's ...etc. 

Thx for your feedback 🙏

save Template.jpg

1 hour ago, wheiser said:

since the last update to v10.31.6. I can't save new Templates (if they've icons, signs, ...etc.) in it to my fav. template folder 😞
Does anyone have the same problems ?

This problem has also been reported on Windows. The answer for me is to create a heading (e.g. #<space>). You can then delete it if you want to. The option to save as a template then reappears. Obviously it is a bug which no doubt will get fixed but at least there is a reasonably simple work around in the short term.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Mike P said:

The answer for me is to create a heading (e.g. #<space>). You can then delete it if you want to.

Strange, but this works for me as well.  I've used templates in the past without trouble.  I'm not sure when this issue crept in.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wheiser said:

with v10.35 it seems that it does not work again 🥴

Strange. Not sure whether you are refering to the workaround or the expected behaviour. On 10.35 for windows the workaround is still working for me.

10.35.3-win-ddl-public (3355)
Editor: v146.1.18003
Service: v1.51.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5

And …. ? 

Last week when starting EN the beachball showed. Usually it is up within seconds - took nearly half a minute then. I rebuild the database right away, problem solved. I monitored network traffic afterward, it downloaded in the background for some days. WTF - if you don‘t need to work offline, it just happens. I really don‘t think about it any more. Any irregularity, rebuild, done.

Case I need to go offline I have a full download on my iPad Pro anyhow.

AFAIK there is no way to „save“ a corrupted local database. And if I need to rebuild it anyhow, I can do it right away. It does not improve when I wait.

make sense ... but I need to work on- and offline all days of a week ... may I'll give it again a try on the weekend 😉

BTW ... the normal sync on the iPad / iPhone is also not very quick ! ... often it takes Minutes to sync correctly and all data !

• Level 5

Yes, my initial download on iOS took 3 nightly runs (I have described the how to in several posts). The network was not a factor - either they keep it slow to keep the device cool, or avoid to drain the battery or exceed charging power on a low power adapter.

Once the initial download is through, the updates happen in the background while I use the app normally. It can be there is a green status bar open for several minutes, but basically that‘s it.

The Mac download was faster, but still way below the technical possibilities of my network and Mac. 

48 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, my initial download on iOS took 3 nightly runs (I have described the how to in several posts). The network was not a factor - either they keep it slow to keep the device cool, or avoid to drain the battery or exceed charging power on a low power adapter.

Once the initial download is through, the updates happen in the background while I use the app normally. It can be there is a green status bar open for several minutes, but basically that‘s it.

The Mac download was faster, but still way below the technical possibilities of my network and Mac. 

I'm not talking about an overal sync ... just for a couple of changes of existing notes (e.g. 3-5) !

• Level 5

OK … or better not OK. For me the refresh of the downloads on iOS takes a few minutes. I have „all notebooks“ downloaded to the iPad, and several on the iPhone. Usually I don‘t even notice that there is a download happening. Maybe it is because I do not upload that much, usually 1 GB or less per month.

Don‘t know whether support can tell what should be the performance - probably there are too many parameters in the download equation to really define a certain speed. One thing is for sure - it is pretty slow, compared to say downloads from iCloud.

25 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

OK … or better not OK. For me the refresh of the downloads on iOS takes a few minutes. I have „all notebooks“ downloaded to the iPad, and several on the iPhone. Usually I don‘t even notice that there is a download happening. Maybe it is because I do not upload that much, usually 1 GB or less per month.

Don‘t know whether support can tell what should be the performance - probably there are too many parameters in the download equation to really define a certain speed. One thing is for sure - it is pretty slow, compared to say downloads from iCloud.

yes - it's too slow for Cloud-computing!
... btw - I've "all" my notebooks/notes downloaded on both - iPhone & iPad - and it's still that slow when syncing (or even updating) only a few notes 😡

• Like 1