Once again, an update has destroyed my default notebook designation on Android. It still works on Win app. The practical result of this is I can' record a new audio or video unless I first select a notebook. My default notebook doesn't even show on Android, but there is a blank space where it belongs. I know I have fixed this twice in the past, but don't remember how.

I looked through menus on the win app and right-clicked on the notebook, but can't figure out how to reset it.

Thanks. 

A year and a half later and this unified platform is really working out great for the users.

2 minutes ago, agsteele said:

I've never quite had this issue but similar. Each time, uninstalling the Android app and then reinstalling from the Play Store has fixed the issue.

Thanks, I'll do that if no other solution, but TBH, that got real old many versions ago. If they can't write a proper update routine, they need to hire someone who can. 

• Evernote Expert

It has happened to me twice. So not a great issue. THe uninstall/reinstall process takes very little time so I can tolerate it.  Should it be necessary? No. Does rubbish happen with IT systems? Yes.

• Evernote Expert

@Heronheart makes a useful point. Has your default notebook changed in a desktop client or in the web? They should all be the same. If they remain as expected in desktop of web then you should expect the default in Android to be the same. Reinstalling would be the way to go.

If the desktop or web are also not what you wanted then something has arisen at the account level so just change to get it working for now and open a ticket since this isn't an expected outcome.

That said, we aren't seeing many reports of this...