Always requiring to update when open up

Why is it that almost everytime I open Evernote Mac version, it requires to update? And it has to close the software and reopen? What's taking it to update so frequently? And could you not do background update? It's getting toooooooo frastrating for me. I'm one step away from stop my subscription and switch to other tools.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, ItsJavert said:

Why is it that almost everytime I open Evernote Mac version, it requires to update? And it has to close the software and reopen? What's taking it to update so frequently? And could you not do background update? It's getting toooooooo frastrating for me. I'm one step away from stop my subscription and switch to other tools.

Updates are roughly every two weeks.  Sounds as though something has gone sadly wrong with your installation.  Have you tried restarting your system / uninstalling and re-installing the app?

• Level 5

If you keep your client updated, the information usually goes away by itself. When you decide to update later, the reminder will be back. If you update, and the reminder does not quiet itself, something is wrong. Then you probably need to completely uninstall (use AppCleaner on the Mac) and reinstall the app to break that loop.

Since every update comprises bug fixes and most new features as well, it makes sense to install them right away. It does not take long.

Expect this permanent updating to continue. It is part of the agile development method, that leads to many updates, each with a focussed set of improvement. The company works with a permanent backlog list, that is updated as the process moves ahead.

It is good news for those users who like software that gets permanently upgraded and enriched. If you just want to keep that 5 notes someplace, you will probably feel sort of an innovation overkill. Then you should indeed think about moving elsewhere. Just be warned that many other companies adopt the same method - it is the way to permanently create value added for your customer base.

• Like 1