More sorting options

epeepunk

Idea

3 replies to this idea

On 2/19/2022 at 11:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

Sort by title … duplicates carry the same title, followed by a „copy + number“ extension. Not hard to find.

I've been having a few duplicates, but they have the same title as the original note?  To the point that I have to rename at least one of them to differentiate them.

But showing 'copy' in the title would at least help, because you could search Intitle:copy to find them.

Although they don't happen often (mainly because the iPhone and iPad Evernote is now so slow I don't use it), Evernote has always been quite poor at warning you about them, and then about helping you sort them out.  Even the new "Evernote has found a duplicate - click to see it" message is quite awkward.

I'm normally reduced to copying each note to a text file and using a Compare program or Excel to find the differences.  It would be great if Evernote could do that for us.

On 2/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

Sort by title … duplicates carry the same title, followed by a „copy + number“ extension. Not hard to find.

To add to this, one could search for "intitle:Copy" and that could help you narrow in on if you have any (unless you use the word "copy" in a lot of the titles of your notes!)