PDF attachments are not suddenly not opening

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I have 100's of PDF attachments and none of them are opening.  Double-click, Right-click and select open.  Nothing.  On a Windows 10 machine.  I just installed an SSD drive and copied the contents of my old SATA C drive on to the SSD.  But I think they were opening after we did that. 

I am on version 10.27.5

Can I find the individual PDF's somewhere under Programs/Data.  Or are they all rolled up into the one big Evernote data file?

And I just tried the Right-click, edit and anontate option and it opened in a Paint-like program (which I have never used).  So they can open but not as a PDF in Adobe Acrobat.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Len15 said:

And I just tried the Right-click, edit and anontate option and it opened in a Paint-like program (which I have never used).  So they can open but not as a PDF in Adobe Acrobat.  I have Adobe Acrobat DC

Hi.  Is Adobe set as the Windows default file handler for PDF documents?

You know the email clipper in my Gmail extension disappeared a day or two ago.  I still have the web clipper icon, but no email clipper.  So I am going to try an uninstall and re-install.  I will let you know if that solves either of these problems

Here is another clue - I went to the web app and when I clicked on PDF attachment it downloaded and opened it instantly. So there is something going on with the desktop app. I will re & re and see what that does.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
25 minutes ago, Len15 said:

Yes it is Gazumped.

Hmmn.  Sad - that would have been an easy fix!

Just now, Len15 said:

So I am going to try an uninstall and re-install.

OK - when you do uninstall,  please check that the %AppData%\Evernote and %LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote directories are gone after the uninstall process is complete.  I think what happened is that installing the new HDD somehow disturbed Evernote's setup.  Hopefully a refresh will resolve that.  Good Luck!

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution
11 hours ago, Len15 said:

You know the email clipper in my Gmail extension disappeared a day or two ago.  I still have the web clipper icon, but no email clipper.  So I am going to try an uninstall and re-install.  I will let you know if that solves either of these problems

This is the subject of another thread. There's is a fault identified with the Gmail add-on. This is, I think, unrelated to your PDF issue.

Check that the PDF filenames have the PDF file suffix. There's was a period when they disappeared and that broke the automatic file opening process.