I built a free tool to save tweets and threads on Twitter to Evernote

It's called Tressel. I made it initially to solve my own problem - a majority of the most valuable info I consume online comes from tweets and threads and I wanted a way to easily sync these to Obsidian (without manually copy-pasting).

Here's how it works (it's quite simple):

1.  Sign up for free (you'll get your link via email when you join the waitlist)

2.  Login with Evernote in the app's Evernote settings page (to authenticate Tressel)

3.  Reply "@tresselapp save" or "@tresselapp save thread" under the tweet/thread to save

4.  Done! Your tweets and threads will sync to a separate Evernote notebook called Tressel every 6 hours!

Here's the link!

https://www.tressel.xyz/

Let me know what you think if you do decide to try it! It's currently in beta and I'm all ears for any feature requests, bugs or questions you have :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, trouwborst said:

Does this program still work for capturing Tweets? It has not for me.

Hi.  No clue,  but it was floated 2 years ago by a third-party,  so there's no tech support available.  Depending on the device you're using,  would screen shots work for you?

• Level 5

You can contact the developer, the link is above and the website is still active.

About Twitter we are all aware that there have been massive changes. One of the changes was restricting access for 3rd party apps that footed on Twitter as a platform. You could try to find out with Twitter as well - I have just heard that there is practically nobody left whom you could talk to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 7:18 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  No clue,  but it was floated 2 years ago by a third-party,  so there's no tech support available.  Depending on the device you're using,  would screen shots work for you?

That is a great point. I am going to try. Thanks!

• Like 1