Ability to remove "Good morning, ...." section

rogergau

Idea

iOS Evernote app has a section at the top "Good morning, xxxx" with the date. Can there please be a way to remove this, leaving more space for useful content? I know if it is morning or afternoon, and I know my name, I don't need Evernote to reminded of these. I instead would prefer Evernote to provide note functionality, such as more links to notes or notebooks I want, in this precious screen realestate.

Regards,
Roger.

3 replies to this idea

5 hours ago, rogergau said:

iOS Evernote app has a section at the top "Good morning, xxxx" with the date. Can there please be a way to remove this, leaving more space for useful content? I know if it is morning or afternoon, and I know my name, I don't need Evernote to reminded of these. I instead would prefer Evernote to provide note functionality, such as more links to notes or notebooks I want, in this precious screen realestate.

Regards,
Roger.

From 10.25 (desktop and web) there has been the ability to remove the image thus massively reducing the size of this section. I assume this translates over to iOS. It may be a feature that is only available on paid tiers.

How is this done? 

On Android (version unknown, the instructions for finding version https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053951413-Locate-app-version don't work for me, no such option exists and 'update' is not available on play store).

I don't have this 'massively reduce the size' option AFAICT despit being on a Personal paid tier. 

Agree with OP!  Why is it ok to remind me of my name and morning/afternoon etc when I want to look at notes, even 'small'?  Heard of 'screen real estate?' 

I despair every time I try to do the simplest thing on Evernote.

• Level 5

App version: Go to app settings, the app version is right at the bottom of the settings window.

Home screen background: Tap on the Home edit icon top right, tap on the „Change background“ text. In the next window, deselect the first option. I don‘t have the English version, but you see in the screenshots what to do. After deselecting it, there will no picture show.

Or do what I did, I picked an own picture that conveys a tranquil, reflected mood.

D846463B-B65C-4339-93F5-0724771C4B4A.thumb.jpeg.2fb4ce591843a9a4d954ec5c5cf5ac36.jpeg

86E25311-0894-414A-AC8A-B6BF324117E1.thumb.jpeg.76f271a86a00da1681e3a11113d9c419.jpeg