All my notes are gone

Furkan

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

And your notes are not lost or anything. You most likely have just made a small mistake when entering your user name. It is then easy (too easy, if you ask me) to accidentally create a new account instead of entering the existing one.

Just try again to log in - this time make sure you type everything correctly. One single typo can ruin your day !

Your notes are there, waiting for you.
  • Level 5

Simple: You most likely made a typo when you logged in.

Instead of logging into your account, you created a new one with a similar but still different user name.

Log out, log in, but this time make sure you type the user name correctly. And zappo - your notes are back.

• Level 5

See the post right above yours ?

Read it, follow the advise.

We are fellow users, not parrots, and I think we can at least expect that you guys and girls read stuff that is already posted, instead of requesting everything posted again and again.

I have the same issue (all notes gone)

I went to open my app, and it asked me to sign in. I needed to reset my password and did so successfully. 
when I went back into my app, it says I’ve been a member since 2017 but still no notes found. 
In the app it also says I’m on a free membership but I’m not, I’m actually on the Evernote plus (1yr) which renews in February 2022. 
So what do I do now?

• Level 5

Are you sure the UserID / mail address you typed is the one of your „true“ account ?

It is very easy to create a new account instead of opening the existing one. One misspelled or interchanged character in the user name is enough.

If you are sure everything is correct, and your notes still don’t show, contact support. Use this link, and choose „Account“ as ticket type.

So when I first opened the app, I logged in using a different email (which I thought was the correct one) however it ended up creating a new account. So now it seems I have two accounts because one has been active since 2017 and the new one dec 2021. 
so even when I log out and enter my 2017 account, it still doesn’t show any of my apps. 

do u have other suggestions or should I still contact customer support?

• Evernote Expert

Contact support. They provide technical access to your account. We're just fellow users who can suggest things from our own experience but not much more. 

The best I can suggest is that you log out completely from every Evernote application. Then login to your original paid for account via a web browser. That should give you access to your data that is on the server. If that is empty AND your details show you as subscriber from 2017 then talking to support its your only option.

Thanks for trying to help. 

After trying to submit a ticket to support services, it wouldn’t let me because my account is saying I’m on the free plan when my iPhone subscriptions page shows I am on the 1yr plan. And I know for sure I’m on a paid plan. 
so the only option it gives me is to ask the community for help. 

do any of you have a direct contact to someone at Evernote who can help?

thanks again