Contents of Note missing

Yesterday I created a note consisting of a series of URLs.  I was copying and saving the addresses of open tabs on my iPhone browser and then closing the tabs, so as to reduce the number of tabs I had open.  I opened and closed the note multiple times as I did other tasks and came back to my project.  Today I opened the note again on my  iphone to save another web link, and the note was there, but the contents was missing.  So now I've lost dozens of links that were important to me.  FWIW, I'm a former computer programmer and experienced computer user, and I've been with Evernote since 2011, so "stupid user error" is not really something that can be used to explain away this problem.  It's not the first time it's happened.  #disgusted 

I had this same problem happen to me two days ago. And it also wasn't the first time.

On the same day a lot of the contents of my note just disappeared. I took a screenshot in the middle of it so I got lucky enough to save this. I had another instance where a note just completely disappeared.

I had another instance where notes just duplicated 4-5 times each time I saved.

On Mac and IOS right now, I can't even search. It displays a developer error in search: "Error: AuthError:AUTH_EXPIRED". WTF does this even mean? I am not in the business of needing to use my developer hours to fix your own app's issues. This error doesn't appear in web version.

I have decided I'm moving on from Evernote.

As an engineer as well, it seems clear to me Evernote has had a bunch of issues related to performance, sync, and reliability that have never been addressed. I feel it is business direction that is driving new features, versus reliability and consistency. I can't rely on a platform that keeps churning out new features while not addressing the broken previous ones.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, wonderpuppy said:

So now I've lost dozens of links that were important to me.

It may be a little premature to mourn the loss - if you were able to open tabs in the browser,  you clearly had a network connection,  so adding detail to a note and closing it again should have forced a sync to save that detail to the Evernote.com server.  Did you sign in via a browser to see whether information (if any) has been saved there?

Just to confirm though - you had a browser open on your iPhone; were pasting into the Evernote app?  It should have been possible to 'share' each page as a bookmark link directly from the browser.  Exactly how did you copy/ paste,  and into what?

• Level 5

If the note is still there, and I have a subscription, I would go on a desktop or the web client to note information and take a look at note history. There is a chance there is a version stored with all information.

In general on mobile tap on the to make a note save before leaving. On v10 I have not lost content when forgetting it, but it is better to finish edit mode for sure.