Evernote folks, please listen...

User since 2010 and a paid for premium for almost that number of years as well.

While I appreciate the fancy new features -- please don't forget why you were great.

It used to be so easy launching Evernote and starting a new note. Almost instantaneous. 

Now, whenever I launch, there I get an update message. I get it, you have updates, but find a way to deliver it better without interfering with getting the note being jot down quickly.

I used to be able to open a new note very quickly, now it takes an additional step. Double tap or New->Note. (MacOS)

Launching on iOS 13 takes so long and not instantaneous. 

What's wrong folks? Love the work you're doing, but it's not getting any better but I just feel bloatware. 

Hope there's room for improvement. Feel free to reach out for further info if needed. Would like to see how things can get better.

Ed

• Level 5

What you currently see is a browser / framework launching first, and then the app inside of the framework launches.

The initial launch takes 3-4 sec on my iPhone 11 Pro Max - for me this is acceptable. It is similar on my Mac. 

When the app is running on the Mac, you can have the EN helper show in the menu bar. It is made instant note taking, including screenshots. 

The setup based on frameworks is a basic v10 design decision. AFAIK it can’t be changed - the app needs the  framework to run.

• Evernote Expert

You have the keyboard shortcut option of Ctrl+N that should launch an empty, new note by default.  That seems to conflict with other applications so in my installation I have this set to Alt+Ctrl+N

If you have specific issues that you need help with then a support ticket is the way to go. You can submit feedback inside the apps. We're told that these are read and noted but you won't receive acknowledgement.

These forums are laregly user-to-user so posting here may not get the attention you hope for.

• Like 1