Older Win 10 Celeron limited to Version 6.25 of Evernote?

Here are specs on this Win 10 laptop:

ASUS-NOTEBOOK-MODEL-R541N
Intel Celeron CPU N3350 A 1.10GHz
RAM:  4GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
V. 1803
OS build 17134.1304

It is an old laptop I decided to put back in service to use in another part of my house.   So even though it is Win 10, are its weak CPU, limited RAM, and old Win10 version not adequate for the latest Evernote versions and that is why whenever I try and upgrade it returns the message that I am "using the latest version of Evernote"?  Fortunately I have been able to get the two laptops, one having the latest version, to sync.

My main laptop with the following specs updates to newest Evernote version:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz   2.29 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.70 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎8/‎10/‎2020
OS build    19043.1288
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Thanks for any help.

• Level 5*

Has Evernote been running on this device recently?  Seems to me you could simply uninstall an existing app and download / install the new one from Evernote.com.  When you log in using your existing user details,  the new Evernote will re-create whatever detail it needs locally.  If you have issues,  there's a Evernote Legacy to fall back on,  which - if you install it - will likewise download your existing details on login.

Thanks, I never thought of uninstalling, I just thought the Evernote servers would just upgrade when I clicked "Check for updates".  Is it the case that this version is so old that it can't be updated?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is very simple: Take the Celeron machine, open the browser, go to Evernote.com and click on download Top right. This is taking it as granted you don’t have any local notebooks (not synced with the server) on that laptop. If you have, you should back them up as ENEX files first, one file per notebook.

The website will offer an installer to install the latest EN version to your PC. Use it, log in, check the version. You see what you got. I think it will be v10.24, the latest windows client. I can’t tell anything about how good it will run given resources are scarce on that laptop.

If it does not work out, you can always uninstall again and revert to the legacy client. Up to now both clients sync with the same server database. It may only happen if you try to watch a note with new content (like tasks) the legacy client will inform you it can’t open this individual note.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1