Duplicate the selected area with cutter

Luisa López

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you give us an example of what you'd like to copy?  I can easily clip elements of notes or web pages (as images) and insert them into new notes,  though Evernote doesn't allow you to place them anywhere on the page...

• Level 5

There was a similar question these days. The idea is to use the cutter to select a portion of the drawing or writing, copy it and paste it somewhere else. There it was about the Sketch tool inside of EN - I found no way there on the Mac.

In Penultimate on my iPad it works !

Do This:

• Use the pencil (or finger, less precise)
  • Select the cutter tool. Select the portion you want to use.
  • Now long press on the selection. Leave the finger/pencil on the selection until a popup menu shows, among it copy and cut. Choose copy.
  • Tap and hold the finger/pencil on where you want to insert. Another popup menu shows, tap „insert“.
  • Done

• Like 1

Thanks! It worked 

23 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There was a similar question these days. The idea is to use the cutter to select a portion of the drawing or writing, copy it and paste it somewhere else. There it was about the Sketch tool inside of EN - I found no way there on the Mac.

In Penultimate on my iPad it works !

Do This:

• Use the pencil (or finger, less precise)
  • Select the cutter tool. Select the portion you want to use.
  • Now long press on the selection. Leave the finger/pencil on the selection until a popup menu shows, among it copy and cut. Choose copy.
  • Tap and hold the finger/pencil on where you want to insert. Another popup menu shows, tap „insert“.
  • Done

• Like 1