Problems with saving New York Times page

• Level 5

There is NO iOS clipping extension of EN. EN uses the sharing function to clip on iOS, the function is mainly defined by iOS. The narrow web clip layout is a known bug, EN is working on it.

On trying, my iOS clipper produced an acceptable result. If you tap on the clip and hit the magic wand, it will be simplified, converted into something like a reader mode view in the browser.

This is the result of clipping in iOS, plain and without any tricks:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s747/sh/2e21d769-0271-404c-993f-41af7bca59e8/49bb4f32e71e475036b049b27ae64f4e

This is the result of clipping, and then simplifying the clip. Usually I would now clean it up a little, removing some clutter:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s747/sh/efe0079a-2cb1-4855-8ca5-331c21629a88/541f3f702b6939332f8b9cf00633eb32

If you want to clip in a defined way, use the desktop browser with the EN web clipper extension.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 7:15 PM, ajg23 said:

Wanted to show this New York Times page which Evernote has multiple problems with:

• using iOS Evernote extension fails to save any text at all (here is result of save)
  • although you can get the text w/the Chrome extension, the resulting Evernote note is unreadable on mobile, as shown in this short video

I noticed the same problem, first with the New York Times a few weeks ago and then today trying to clip the order confirmation page after placing an order with Home Depot (link to result) - the iOS web clipper (i.e., sharing to Evernote from the Share menu in Safari) doesn't seem to actually clip what's on the web page. Based on the result - in both cases, the HTML section of the note pulls in a log in screen - it looks as though the iOS clipper creates a note and then tries to RELOAD the page in the HTML window of the note. This isn't how it used to function, and it isn't how the desktop version works (Mac or Windows). 

@PinkElephant  What browser is your first note - "the result of clipping in iOS, plain and without any tricks" - from?