This is a weird one - I'd really appreciate your help on this.

Like many of you I suspect, I'm running v10 next to Legacy, (only because I can see all my tags in one window in Legacy). Yesterday, I 'clipped' a few pages to my default notebook, (every couple of days, I then read them and move them to the right notebook). After quite a while, I noticed that none of the notes that I had clipped had appeared in v10 but they had all arrived in Legacy. Even by today, they had still not turned up in v10. I clipped a couple more notes today - same thing.

I couldn't figure this out so I set up a 'temp' notebook to move the notes into to see if v10 'temp' notebook would hold the same number of notes as Legacy - it doesn't. My new clipped pages don't appear on v10 for some reason. This is really weird to me because I thought v10, (actually, it's v10.22.3)  and Legacy would synchronise eventually. 

Is the easiest way of getting the two versions back into synch., to uninstall/reinstall v10, or is there a simpler way of solving the problem? Presumably, if I were to go down the reinstall route, all my data, (and settings in v10), would be quite safe?

TIA.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I believe I've seen another post around here somewhere about discrepancies between the two versions,  and before you do anything extreme it may help you -and other users- if you extracted your activity logs and considered reporting this to Evernote with (if you're a subscriber) said logs attached. Send an Evernote activity log

(Subscribers raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client.)

You can (I believe - I'm not even using the new desktop version yet) use Help > Troubleshooting > Force Reload.  (Ctrl-Shift-R) to force a sync,  so that might be worth a try before anything else.

• Level 5

„Clipped“ means using the EN web clipper, installed as a browser extension ?

Or does it mean using the EN helper, the little elephant icon that installs itself (when activated in settings) into the system ?

When you open your notes in a browser session at evernote.com, what do you see ? Are the notes there, or not ?

Quick reply to PinkElephant, (it's late here in London UK! I'll reply to 'gazumped' tomorrow.)

„Clipped“ means using the EN web clipper, installed as a browser extension ?

YEP, THIS ONE

When you open your notes in a browser session at evernote.com, what do you see ? Are the notes there, or not ?

I JUST TRIED IT - IT'S NOT SYNCHRONISED AT ALL - I NEVER USE THE WEB VERSION - ALL I SEE ARE NOTES FROM SEVERAL MONTHS AGO FROM WHEN I SET IT UP. FUNNILY ENOUGH, I JUST CHECKED MY SMARTPHONE (WHICH I ALSO NEVER USE), AND THAT IS SYNCHRONISED!

• Level 5

OK

Just to explain the questions: The web clipper syncs through the API. It does not use (as the helpers do) a local client to create the new notes.

About how EN is syncing: EN always syncs through the cloud server. There is no way how a note can get for example from a desktop client to a mobile client directly. And there is no way how a web clip can reach ANY client but through the server.

The web client looks directly on the server content. If - as you say - the content on the web server is months old (when you set it up), the conclusion for me is simply this:

You created another account somewhere down the road. This can happen easily: Just a typo in the user name, and Click Click you have a new account instead of logging into the existing one.

Now part of your clients / clipper is synced with one account, part with the other. What complicates things is the legacy client, it runs from its own, local database, that can itself get out of sync with the server.

This is a working hypothesis, from what you told here. As I see it this is as far as we can take you here, user2user.

This hypothesis should be reviewed and (if I am correct) solved. The best way is through EN support. They can help you to find your account/s, and there are ways to merge them.

To reach them you need to issue a support ticket:

Pink Elephant + Gazumped,

You'll never believe it, (well, you probably will!) - I rebooted my computer and everything works!! v10 + Legacy are now synchronised! (Amazing how even after using PC's for over 30 yrs. you forget to try the most basic things!)

Thanks for all the advice and links - I'll web clip them to EN in case I ever need them.

Thanks again.

• Like 3