Scanned 2nd page is blurry on edge - Started yesterday

Attachment.pdf

Hey All,  Check out my attached PDF.  Second page is always blurry.  I've cleaned the light bar where it scans, but no change.  I'm wondering if the light is out.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance

I"m using the scansnap evernote edition by fujitsu. everything is up to date

• Level 5

To me it looks like a scanner malfunction.

You say everything is up to date ?

Are you using legacy or v10 on the EN side ?

The scanner is definitely not up to date any more. Fujitsu is not supporting the EN edition any longer. There is a guideline to convert it into a standard ScanSnap ix500 Scanner. Just a hint: The conversion updates the scanners firmware, it can’t be reverted.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024050514

Personally I am using an ix500 with the latest ScanSnap Manager software, and send the scans into EN using import folders on my Mac.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

To me it looks like a scanner malfunction.

You say everything is up to date ?

Are you using legacy or v10 on the EN side ?

The scanner is definitely not up to date any more. Fujitsu is not supporting the EN edition any longer. There is a guideline to convert it into a standard ScanSnap ix500 Scanner. Just a hint: The conversion updates the scanners firmware, it can’t be reverted.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024050514

Personally I am using an ix500 with the latest ScanSnap Manager software, and send the scans into EN using import folders on my Mac.

My scanner is IX500EN and I use Evernote Legacy on windows.  Yeah everything is up to date with the software and it just started happening.  I do think its the bulb.  When I flip the page, to scan the blurred image, it works, but blurs whatever side is facing that side.  I was wondering if I can just replace the part that is messed up.  If I convert it, the images will still be blurred. Sucks.  I appreciate your feedback though

• Level 5

Is the scanned document a 2 sided print, front and rear page with text ?

Then it may be a hardware issue. You can try by turning the same page to be the second page, and scan it again. If the problem moves to that page now, it probably has something to do with the lamp or the sensor.

Yeah same thing when i flip it. Yeah front and back text. Or image, same thing. Pretty sure its a hardware thing. Any idea where to get a lamp? Had it for about 6 years now so maybe it was time

• Level 5

No idea. Fujitsu does not list the lamp as spare part on its open services site. Maybe this is only for end users, and an authorized service workshop could get one.

https://www.fujitsu.com/us/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/consumables.html

Depending on where you are located, try to find a Fujitsu dealer close to you.

If this is economically feasible for a 6 year old scanner you need to check for yourself.

Yeah i wonder. Or i gotta shell out the cash and get a new version. I have too much to just use the phone to take pics. Ugh thanks again for your help. I’ll probably reach out to customer service first at fujitsu

• Level 5

There are pretty good scanner apps out there for the phone. I use ScannerPro by readdle on the iPhone, up to everything having 4-5 pages.

My ix500 does stack scanning, if I happen to have that sort of documents.

If looking for a replacement, avoid the ix1400 - it is a stripped down version of the ix1500, lacking some relevant functions.

I'm going to try to use evernote phone app to scan, but def will avoid the ix1400 when looking for a replacement.  I loved letting my mail/docs pile and then feed them into the scanner.  Thanks for the tips