Web Clipper for iPad

Thepeel89

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

In addition there is (and already was for some years) an iOS Shortcut in the Shortcuts app that is clipping as well. It often produces a better result than the sharing function. It is close to the „simplified clipping“ option of the web clipper.

It can be found and installed by opening the Shortcuts app, going to the Gallery and searching for Evernote. There are some more shortcuts listed. Since with iOS 15 Widgets get a stronger hold on the iPad, these shortcuts can even be placed on the Home Screen, adding capabilities like quick note taking or passing the clipboard content into EN to the iPads Home Screen.

• Like 1

First of all, thank you for that tip (Shortcuts) - it yielded a superior result! (A page that resembles the ‘simplified’ mode from the old Web Clipper instead of a scrunched jumble in a narrow column)

But I also made a discovery: if you click that narrow column at the top, a menu appears at the bottom with amongst others, an icon of a magic wand. If you click that, it’ll ‘simplify formatting’ - and your page might be readable!

• Level 5

Yes, that magic wand has already created a lot of controversy here in the forum.

Some think EN should make editing any web content possible without simplifying it first, even the most crooked code.

EN avoids this trap (because the crookedness of tomorrow will be worse than that of today, a never ending struggle) by the magic wand: It’s main use is to simplify a web clip, to make it editable. Editing is the main goal of it, not readability.

The „clip simplified“ options as I use them for my use case are oriented to create a clip that is easy to read - I nearly never edit a clipped page.