Filter Notes Widget

I can't figure out how this widget works. 

I get the filter options but I have "5 filters" but when I click the link only one opens, how do I access the others? Where are my filters saved, so I can find and use them; only one displays.

I searched help but found nothing, but it's a widget, so probably wouldn't be in the nelp text.  I tried searching the forum but I got so many hits  thee results weren't helpful.

Could someone give me a link to a recourse that will explain how to use it?

15 hours ago, mikecox39 said:

I get the filter options but I have "5 filters" but when I click the link only one opens, how do I access the others? Where are my filters saved, so I can find and use them; only one displays.

EN refers to each of the individual elements in the filter as a filter for the purposes of counting them and displaying that number in the widget. So if you filter for a particular tag and a particular notebook it says 2 filters underneath the name of the filter. I think EN's nomenclature is confusing. When you click the "5 filters" the filter menu comes up and it should have 5 fields filled in, out of the available 6.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, Mike P said:

EN refers to each of the individual elements in the filter as a filter for the purposes of counting them and displaying that number in the widget. So if you filter for a particular tag and a particular notebook it says 2 filters underneath the name of the filter. I think EN's nomenclature is confusing. When you click the "5 filters" the filter menu comes up and it should have 5 fields filled in, out of the available 6.

Oh! Now I see, and your right!

I was hoping to create Filters with multiple tags, that I could use in search, like the One I have, but I was hoping I could great others, like presets. Beginning to it's not an option.
5 minutes ago, mikecox39 said:

Oh! Now I see, and your right!

I was hoping to create Filters with multiple tags, that I could use in search, like the One I have, but I was hoping I could great others, like presets. Beginning to it's not an option.

To be honest if you want multiple different filters/searches you are better of using the saved search capability and then putting the most useful ones in shortcuts. You can access the shortcuts from the shortcuts area of the sidebar or the shortcuts widget on the home page.  You can always use any one of these saved searches in the filter widget using "apply saved search" when you set up the filter.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...