Annotate

I would like to add a very simple text note to downloaded text to remind me about the person who directed me to the document. I don't want to add it to an image or a pdf file. I found many requests for this feature, but no confirmation that it is present.

Thank you. I implemented this solution.

I was happy to discover that I can search for the name stated in the "remark."

I would like to have this solution available in a way that is more consistent. Perhaps it would be a "comment" because "remark" is already available.

My wish is for a "comment" term available for every note. It would be used infrequently. It would call out exceptional notes whose interesting content might be hard to find by doing a search.

I use this concept for my scientific database. It is very for retaining insights about papers or relationships between papers.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, hphphysx said:

My wish is for a "comment" term available for every note. It would be used infrequently. It would call out exceptional notes whose interesting content might be hard to find by doing a search.

You could raise this as a Feature Request - https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/256-web-clipper-requests/ - but if it will be used "infrequently" it doesn't seem worthwhile for a developer to make it available,  and I don't see how it would be used differently from searches,  remarks or tags - the 'comment' would have to use standard text,  which is already available in several different features.

By infrequently, I meant that it only be active for exceptional notes. I haven't found any features that provide the same capability.

In my notes, I often use a label that is tag_ followed by something useful. For example, "tag_important_data". I could put such tags into the "remark". Then I could do a search of all my tags "tag_" to find all my important comments.

I won't attempt a feature request because the android version is still missing some basic features.

Thanks for your response and helpful suggestion.

• Like 1