Feature request: Have a way to turn off handwriting recognition

glotto

Idea

Just what the title says.  I would use this software much more if i could not have my handwriting changed into text.  Not worth me upgrading, as im asked to do on a daily basis, if i have to use two different apps to get my work done.  

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

If your handwriting is converted into text, it has nothing to do with EN at all. EN does not have this feature.

The feature is rooted in iPadOS. Go to iOS settings, Apple Pencil, and turn off the Scribble feature. Done (for all apps, can’t be set selectively).

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, glotto said:

i could not have my handwriting changed into text

Could you add  more details about "handwriting changed into text"   
It's not a feature supported by Evernote

Thanks for the reply.  my initial question was not worded well but that is exactly what I was getting to.  My only thought is: if the scribble function is the cause of the issue, why don't I have this problem with Goodnotes?  I would like to use EN in the same way that I use Goodnotes, i.e. being able to hand write notes on multiple pages.  Is this something that can be added?  Or is it something I'm missing that is already there?

• Level 5

Because GoodNotes is doing it differently. It uses the Nebo handwriting engine. EN has no own handwriting engine, it relies on the OS.

Different approach, different app. If you want superior handwriting features, use GoodNotes. When you import a pdf from GN5 into EN (if you select to transfer the search index as well), it is fully searchable in EN. IMHO best of both worlds.