Hi, 

I'm sure I,m not the only one who experienced it but I have the 10.16 version app of Evernote on my iphone and it is SO slow. I can't get to my notes in a reasonable time and I really need it for my work. Is there a solution to this? 

Thanks !

• Level 5

Which model of iPhone are you using ?

On anything below a „X“ EN will probably run slow. You can get used to it, we even run it on a 6S+. But it is not snappy.

The transistor count of the CPU of the 6S+ is only 1/10th of a recent iPhone. So little surprise there is a noticeable difference.

• Level 5*

Resource hungry environment doesn't help at all, don't want to blame it all on the iron.  Which is most frustrating for long time users.  What worked fast a year ago does not now, same box. 

A glib way to develop software IMO.  I recognize that you can't run software forever on older boxes but some consideration of performance would be nice.  My 11SE is snappy but my two year old iPad not so much.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, I see EN with that framework wrapped around it similar to a VM.

I run Windows in a VM on my Mac, for the few programs not available under MacOS. I only need to start the VM and open Windows - within short the fan in my MacBook Pro will start to spin up. When I start to run some apps in Windows, it goes to very noticeable levels to ventilate the heat away (747 taking off, 15m beside the runway).

I am not surprised that the design decision to embed the app into another program that creates a cozy home comes at a price. On the short run on older devices the user needs to slow down to work at the „native“ speed the app is doing. This is not to say „be happy about it“, but it is better than „outperforming“ the app, which only creates mistakes.

With a longer perspective the „natural“ exchange of devices will probably soothen the performance issue by itself.

• Level 5*

I don't know, I guess I am not so philosophical about it.  For my use case the designed in minute(s) lags renders some of my GTD and update processes unusable.  This lagging was created knowingly which is mind boggling to me.  I just can't drink it good looking.  Net of it all I am disappointed in the design decisions that EN has made.  Their testing foibles in the early days were far less disconcerting.

It's like let's create an app which is supposed to help folks do anything and then leave them guessing as to when their last update will be available while the server churns away.  Slow with an eventual message saying all is well would be better than this, uh, condition.  Slow and no message simply frustrates.  I mean, one hopes the system knows when it's done and the status along the way?

Apps and computers are supposed to speed us up.  We aren't supposed to slow down to use them.  The angst with EN is due in some part from the fact that the previous IT worked just fine on the same hardware.  This can happen when any IT changes.  Of course I suppose I could be an outlier use case doing some things that are more interactive. 

Anyway, it is what it is after the better part of a year.  My sub is up in November.  I will probably keep it as long as 6.25.1 is working.  Cranking on an exit strategy though as without massive improvements in responsiveness on the desktop I cannot use this new beast.  Gloria Gaynor comes to mind at this point.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1