REQUEST - Launch Screen

Soapm

Idea

I only use Evernote for my notes. It really is my brains.

On iOS, I would like a setting where Evernote will launch directly into the screen where my notes are listed on the left instead of the current homescreen where I have to hit the hamburger on the bottom left then select my notebook. Often, I am using my cellular network and those extra steps takes too long when you're standing in front of people expecting you to speak and say something literate if not profound. I don't like having to joke that I'm waiting for my notes to pull up.

Please give us the option of skipping that widget page so we have a notes app that launches directly into our notes. This is all I want and am paying for, a notes app and find the rest of that a big distraction...

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If there's a specific note you need,  it should be possible to save a link directly to it on your home screen.  If there are a number,  you could create a table of contents note and link to that from your home screen.  If there are hundreds,  you could create a 'subject' table of contents that links to other table of contents screens on specific topics,  and be at your note in three taps...

Not saying that's a reason not to consider your suggestion,  but at least it may be a work-around until your way becomes possible.

• Level 5

Or use the editing of the home screen to place the shortcuts widget in the first position. Then select the notes important for you as shortcuts.

Editing the home screen is a subscription feature. What can be edited depends on your subscription plan.