Any serious solution to Evernote's frustrating lag problem? Anything we can do from our own side?

Evernote has been changing a lot. More focus on new features & higher pricing than optimising the existing system. It takes forever to do the basic tasks + random crashes make it unusable. I am not even able to move images in the note with ease as the scrolling is too laggy. Don't know what's going on with the top leadership that they have been bringing such stupid changes that has literally ruined the original product. Seriously, Evernote has now become ridiculously inefficient as compared to the other alternatives. It's just a matter of time when it will be forgotten. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5

You can post your opinion here, no problem. You can even start a new thread, flashy title and all, sort of clickbait.

My feeling is just there is a lot of emotion, and few information in your post. For your fellow users the other way is of far greater importance.

• Sad 1
On 9/7/2021 at 3:10 AM, PinkElephant said:

You can post your opinion here, no problem. You can even start a new thread, flashy title and all, sort of clickbait.

My feeling is just there is a lot of emotion, and few information in your post. For your fellow users the other way is of far greater importance.

I don't want to post something as a clickbait, I am not here to do that. I had already posted some specific concerns earlier but this was just out of emotion I agree. But that's not only just my emotion but almost everyone else who has been a sincere user of Evernote from some time. And it's not necessary to ask questions here just based on specific query or issue. I hope you understood. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  All anyone can do is to make sure you have the latest version or -ironically- revert to the older Legacy apps on desktop.  It may help to uninstall your present version and restart / reinstall,  using Appcleaner or Revo Uninstaller to make sure that all existing files are cleared prior to the reload.  A clean reinstall may help.

Again,  given that Evernote is now a web-based app,  the faster your network access the better.  Some routine maintenance to make sure your devices are all in tip-top condition may also help.  Short notes load faster - longer texts and attached files/ images will slow things down.

There's no magic wand here - just a generalised house clean which may or may not affect your access speed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/1/2021 at 6:41 PM, Akshay Dadhwal said:

Evernote has been changing a lot. More focus on new features & higher pricing than optimising the existing system. It takes forever to do the basic tasks + random crashes make it unusable. I am not even able to move images in the note with ease as the scrolling is too laggy. Don't know what's going on with the top leadership that they have been bringing such stupid changes that has literally ruined the original product. Seriously, Evernote has now become ridiculously inefficient as compared to the other alternatives. It's just a matter of time when it will be forgotten. 

I could not agree more. I have been using Evernote for years as a paid member. But since Evernote went through that dramatic unfortunate remake, things are getting worse and worse: it lags on desktop, it lags on mobile.

The only thing that is holding me back from migrating to Notion is that I have a huge note collection of notes in Evernote, and migration to Notion does not occur flawlessly. But maybe one day the joy of using a better program will overcome the fear of losing something.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're responding to a 2-year old post,  which suggests that this is not an issue for many users...  Have you tried a complete clean reinstall of v10?  Make sure your notes are synced up to date and then - 

1 - Exit Evernote / delete data from device
2 - Uninstall app with Appcleaner (Mac) or Revo Uninstaller Free (Win)
3 - Power device off / allow 10 seconds / power back on
4 - Download latest version from Evernote.com 
5 - Reinstall. It will take a little while for the app to be fully operational

Verify Evernote's Hardware Acceleration is set to ON - go to Tools > Settings > Preferences > Application and scroll to the bottom. The "hardware acceleration disabled" box should be UNticked, but if you're having issues change that setting and restart the device. (Come back and change it again if that doesn't help!)

If you have any issues deleting Evernote data, see:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004231762-Remove-Evernote-data-from-your-Mac-or-Windows-device

• Like 1